Cal Dive International
Cal Dive International (DVR) is a marine contractor which provides manned diving, pipelay and pipe burial, platform installation and platform salvage services to a diverse customer base in the offshore oil and natural gas industry. This stock is trading up 10% to $2.03 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.82-$2.0352-Week Range: $1.00-$4.00 Volume: 1.49 million Three-Month Average Volume: 967,597 From a technical perspective, DVR is exploding higher here right off some near-term support at $1.80 and back above its 200-day moving average at $1.92 with heavy upside volume. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last three months, with shares soaring higher from its low of $1.00 to its recent high of $2.03. During that move, shares of DVR have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of DVR within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if DVR clears some near-term overhead resistance at $2.03 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DVR as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $1.92 or its 50-day at $1.73, and then once it sustains a move or close above $2.03 with volume that hits near or above 967,597 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then DVR will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from last July that started near $3. Any high-volume move above $3 could then send shares of DVR towards $3.50 to $4. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV