GlobalScape (GSB) develops, distributes and maintains secure managed file transfer software for individuals and businesses to safely send files over the Internet, within an enterprise, or to business partners. This stock is trading up 4.1% to $1.50 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.40-$1.5052-Week Range: $1.33-$2.55 Volume: 55,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 20,236 From a technical perspective, GSB is trending higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $1.46 with heavy upside volume. This stock has been trading inside of a consolidation pattern for the last two months, with shares moving between $1.33 on the downside and $1.62 on the upside. This move today is quickly pushing shares of GSB within range of triggering a breakout trade above the upper end of that recent sideways trading pattern. That trade will hit if GSB manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $1.50 to $1.57 and then once it takes out more resistance at $1.62 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GSB as long as it's trending above $1.33 or its 50-day at $1.46, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 20,236 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GSB will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $1.77 to its 200-day at $1.87. Any high-volume move above $1.87 will then put $2 to $2.18 into range for shares of GSB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV