Metabolix (MBLX) is a bioscience company that develops and is in the process of commercializing environmentally sustainable, economically attractive alternatives to petroleum-based plastics, with work underway to do the same with chemicals and energy. This stock is trading up 11.8% to $1.88 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.67-$1.8552-Week Range: $1.07-$3.48 Volume: 115,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 197,432 From a technical perspective, MBLX is ripping higher here back above its 200-day moving average of $1.72 with decent volume. This move has also pushed shares of MBLX into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $1.78. Shares of MBLX are now quickly moving within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will hit if MBLX manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2 to $2.10 and then $2.19 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MBLX as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $1.72, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 197,432 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MBLX will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $2.32 to $2.67. Any high-volume move above $2.67 will then put $3 to $3.20 into range for shares of MBLX.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV