Kinross Gold (KGC) is mainly engaged in the mining and processing of gold and, as a by-product, silver ore and the exploration for and the acquisition of gold-bearing properties in the Americas, the Russian Federation and worldwide. This stock is trading up 5.3% to $8.32 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.96-$8.4552-Week Range: $7.11-$11.68 Volume: 7.95 million Three-Month Average Volume: 7.43 million From a technical perspective, KGC is ripping higher here right above its recent low of $7.88 with above-average volume. This move has started to push KGC into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $8.40. At last check, KGC has hit an intraday high of $8.45 and volume is just starting to surpass its three-month average action of 7.43 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in KGC as long as it's trending above $8.40, and then once it triggers its next major breakout above resistance at $8.65 with volume that hits near or above 7.43 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then KGC will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 200-day moving average of $9.17 or its 50-day moving average of $9.17. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $9.91 to $10.10 into focus for shares of KGC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV