Feb. 14, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Blue Cross Blue Shield of
honored 18 women-and minority-owned businesses today as part of its eighth annual Supplier Diversity Achievement Awards program. More than 250 guests attended the event at the Blues'
conference center, where 12 awards were distributed by BCBSM President and CEO
Daniel J. Loepp
Women and minority business enterprises honored during today's event include:
- Gandol Inc. – 2012 Supplier Diversity Champion Achievement Award
- Sayers40, Inc. – 2012 New Diverse Supplier of the Year Award
- Bartech – 2012 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award for Minority Business Enterprises (MBE)
- SHI International Corp. – 2012 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award for Women's Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Sapra & Navarra, LLP – Accident Fund Holdings 2012 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award
- Workplace Solutions – LifeSecure 2012 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award
- Allegra Direct Communications – 2012 Health Care Value Diverse Supplier Achievement Award
"In a time of sweeping, fundamental changes across health care and the rest of the marketplace, strong partnership and collaboration are essential," said BCBSM President and CEO
Daniel J. Loepp
. "We are proud of our partnerships with diverse suppliers. They play a significant role as the Blues work to deliver value and quality to our customers and all our stakeholders across
Supplier of the year and diverse supplier achievement awards for both women and minority business enterprises were also presented. Awards were distributed on behalf of Blue Cross Blue Shield of
and its subsidiaries, including Blue Care Network, Accident Fund Holdings and LifeSecure. In 2012, Blue Cross spent
$161 million dollars
with minority- and women-owned businesses.
BCBSM's commitment to supplier diversity has been recognized with numerous awards, including:
- Advocate and Buyer of the Year Awards, 2011, Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
- Corporation of the Year Award in Finance and Insurance Services , 2011, Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
"It is very special to us to be recognized by these organizations," said
, Blues director of corporate procurement. "We continue to witness the 'power of inclusion' in the business interactions we have with the diverse suppliers who support us, and by sustaining these interactions, we have the opportunity to continue to grow economic power through-out the communities we serve."
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. For more company information, visit bcbsm.com.
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of