LDK Solar (LDK), a solar module manufacturer, sells multicrystalline and monocrystalline wafers globally to manufacturers of solar cells and modules. This stock is trading up 7.6% to $1.98 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.77-$2.0252-Week Range: $0.71-$6.80 Volume: 3.13 million Three-Month Average Volume: 2.54 million From a technical perspective, LDK is showing a continuation move here with above-average volume after the stock exploded off its 50-day moving average of $1.59 two trading sessions ago. This move is quickly pushing shares of LDK within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if LDK manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.10 to $2.32 and then once it clears some past resistance at $2.36 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in LDK as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $1.59 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 2.54 million shares. If that breakout hits soon, then LDK will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $3 to $3.34.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV