VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., Feb. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) announced today that an employee at its AMSEC LLC subsidiary won the annual Safety Suggestion Award contest hosted by the Virginia Ship Repair Association (VSRA).
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=17183
Casey Tarnowski was honored for his stanchion stabilizer, which prevents stanchions from rolling off flight decks and preventing them from being dropped through flight deck stanchion holes on aircraft carriers. He received the award and a $500 cash prize from Brian Applewhite, VSRA's safety committee chair, at the VSRA's general membership meeting on Jan. 22 at the Renaissance Hotel in Portsmouth."We are very proud of Casey for his innovative and creative safety initiative," said Harris Leonard, HII vice president and president of AMSEC operations. "Safety is one of our top priorities at AMSEC, and Casey personifies the spirit by thinking out of the box and keeping our customer and employees safe on the waterfront." AMSEC LLC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries. With approximately 2,000 employees in 27 locations nationwide and overseas, AMSEC is a full-service supplier to the Navy and commercial maritime industry, providing naval architecture and marine engineering, naval ship systems assessments, maintenance engineering, waterfront maintenance support, acquisition program support, shipyard industrial engineering, and C4I installation and support services. AMSEC also provides life-cycle integrated logistics services, including technical manual development, provisioning documentation, spare parts management, training development and delivery, and software development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV