NASA Targets March 1 Launch For Next SpaceX Station Resupply Mission; Media Accreditation Open
HOUSTON, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA and its international partners are targeting Friday, March 1, as the launch date for the next cargo resupply flight to the International Space Station by Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX).
Launch is scheduled for 10:10 a.m. EST ( 9:10 a.m. CST) from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.
Media accreditation to view the launch is open. International media without U.S. citizenship must apply for credentials to cover the prelaunch and launch activities by noon on Monday, Feb. 18. For U.S. media, the deadline to apply is Monday, Feb. 25.Questions about accreditation may be directed to Jennifer Horner at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 321-867-6598 or 321-867-2468. All media accreditation requests must be submitted online at: https://media.ksc.nasa.gov NASA also is inviting 50 social media users to apply for credentials for the launch. Social media users selected to attend will be given the same access as journalists. All social media accreditation applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Registration for social media accreditation is open online. International social media users without U.S. citizenship must apply for credentials by 5 p.m. EST Friday, Feb. 15, to qualify. For U.S. social media, the deadline to apply is 5 p.m. EST Friday, Feb. 22. For more information about NASA social media accreditation requirements and to register, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/social SpaceX's Dragon capsule will be filled with about 1,200 pounds of supplies for the space station crew and experiments being conducted aboard the orbiting laboratory.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV