SOMERSET, N.J., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Further cementing the company's position as an industry leader in LED technology, Philips has earned four Next Generation Luminaire™ (NGL) awards in the Outdoor Competition at the prestigious, fourth-annual NGL Solid State Lighting (SSL) Design Competition. Solutions from Philips Color Kinetics, Lumec, Wide-Lite and Crescent/Stonco were recognized for the sleekness of their LED design, as well as their color quality and light uniformity enabled by Philips LUXEON LED technology.
Held during the Strategies in Light Conference, the competition is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Illuminating Engineering Society, and the International Association of Lighting Designers. The awards recognize excellence in the design of energy-efficient LED luminaires for general illumination in commercial lighting applications. The goal of the NGL competition is to make it easier for lighting designers and specifiers to find LED lighting products that are worthy of specification. NGL-recognized products are measured on many fronts, including suitability, quality and energy-efficiency. Of the 176 products submitted for evaluation, only 37 were recognized in ten categories.Earning "Recognized" or "Notable" status in the Outdoor Competition were four Philips LED lighting solutions: Facade Lighting Category
- Color Kinetics eW Graze MX Powercore - This compact, high performance LED lighting solution provides high quality static color temperature white light for washing interior and exterior walls and facades. Color Kinetics eW Graze MX Powercore is available in 2700K, 4000K and 5500K, in addition to custom color temperatures. Philips patented Powercore technology allows the fixture to directly accept line voltage, dramatically simplifying installation and lowering total system cost.
- Lumec SoleCity Small LED Street and Area Luminaire – Based on the Philips LEDgine platform, SoleCity also offers the flexibility of a modular approach, which allows for different LED configurations. This enables the systems to be tailored to application and light output needs and other unique customer requirements.
- Wide-Lite Mini 300 LED Gen-2 Gas Station Canopy – A seamless one-for-one replacement for HID, the Mini 300 requires no new wiring, simplifying upgrades for gas station owners, while reducing energy and maintenance costs by as much as 50 percent.
- Crescent/Stonco LytePro16 – A compact luminaire designed for exterior wall mounting, the LytePro16 consumes only 40 watts of power, a 50 percent reduction in energy usage over similarly sized HID non-LED luminaires.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV