National Philanthropic Trust Appoints Walker As New Board Chair
JENKINTOWN, Pa., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- National Philanthropic Trust (NPT) is pleased to announce the appointment of Wayne R. Walker as its new Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Walker replaces two-term Board Chairman, Jeffrey R. Lauterbach. NPT manages the largest independent, national donor-advised program, is a top grant-making institution and has been named one of the 50 fastest growing charities in the country.
Mr. Walker is the principal at Walker Nell Partners, Inc., where he focuses on corporate restructuring and turnaround management, corporate governance and fiduciary services. In addition to serving on NPT's Board of Trustees, he is also on the Board of the Boys and Girls Club of Philadelphia, People for People, Inc., among others. He previously served as chairman of the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity International.
Eileen Heisman, President and CEO of National Philanthropic Trust, said, "I am delighted that Wayne has been elected and accepted the role of Chairman of our Board. His expertise in both business and nonprofit board leadership will benefit NPT tremendously. I look forward to working with Wayne and our other Board members to further strengthen NPT's mission of increasing philanthropy in society."
Mr. Lauterbach, NPT's outgoing Chairman, is an independent trust and wealth planning consultant. "Jeffrey has admirably served our Board for six years," said Heisman. "I am grateful to Jeffrey for all he has done to ensure NPT's continued success and I will value his friendship and counsel long after he leaves our Board."
About National Philanthropic Trust
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV