Cigna (NYSE:CI) has announced the award of a $20K contribution to Achilles International South Florida Chapter. Achilles International is a non-profit organization dedicated to enabling wounded veterans and other people with disabilities to participate in mainstream athletics. This award makes it possible for Achilles to acquire six hand cycles for the use of those it serves.
This is the latest announcement in an expanding relationship between Cigna and Achilles International. Since 2012, Cigna and the Cigna Foundation have donated nearly $90K to Achilles. During that period, Cigna and Achilles have forged a unique collaboration through which selected Cigna long-term disability customers have access to Achilles programs, including individual coaching, personal training, a community of support and an opportunity to participate in activities with other Achilles athletes.
“We’re grateful to Cigna for helping our wounded veterans and other runners feel the power of participating in sports and activities that help restore their physical strength, confidence, and self-esteem,” said Chris Holcomb, Regional Director of Achilles Florida. Holcomb, who is also an Achilles athlete, is participating in his nineteenth marathon this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale.
“Cigna and Achilles International are working together to help every individual reach their full potential regardless of the personal challenges they face,” said David Guilmette, President, Global Employer Segment, Cigna.About the Cigna Foundation The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV