SolarCity (NASDAQ: SCTY), a leading provider of clean energy, today released its standard residential lease and power purchase agreement (PPA) contracts for download in the first post of its new company blog. The company’s contracts protect consumers by comprehensively insuring the solar system, roofs and property and by providing system warranties, guarantees for power output, Web-based monitoring, and repair services to make clean energy easier and more affordable to adopt. To further help homeowners who are planning on going solar, SolarCity has issued a list of five helpful tips to consider when signing a solar PPA or a solar lease contract, available here.
“Our contracts equitably protect the needs of homeowners and meet the requirements of investment partners that are driving the growth of solar,” said Seth Weismann, SolarCity’s vice president and general counsel. “Our motive in releasing our contracts is to equip consumers with the information they need to comfortably adopt solar, and to better establish solar as a mainstream energy source.”
SolarCity’s customer contracts have been vetted by 20 of the top law firms in the U.S. Its contracts have also been vetted for use in funds financed by 15 major financing partners—including BofA Merrill Lynch, Citi, Credit Suisse and Google—and are accepted in more than 150 utility jurisdictions. SolarCity hopes its popular, widely-reviewed residential contracts can help the public better understand solar and serve as a model to combat unfair contract terms that do not fully protect the rights of consumers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV