Solutions from Lumec, Philips Color Kinetics, Wide-Lite, and Crescent/Stonco Win Coveted Spots
MONTREAL, Feb. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - Further cementing the company's position as an industry leader in LED technology, Philips has earned four Next Generation Luminaire™ (NGL) awards in the outdoor category at the prestigious, fourth-annual NGL Solid State Lighting (SSL) Design Competition. Solutions from Philips Lumec, Color Kinetics, Wide-Lite and Crescent/Stonco were recognized for the sleekness of their LED design, as well as their color quality and light uniformity enabled by Philips LUXEON LED technology.
Held during the Strategies in Light Conference, the competition is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Illuminating Engineering Society, and the International Association of Lighting Designers and recognizes excellence in the design of energy-efficient LED luminaires for general illumination in commercial lighting applications. The goal of the NGL competitions is to make it easier for lighting designers and specifiers to find LED lighting products that are worthy of specification. NGL-recognized products have to measure up on many fronts, including suitability and quality, not just energy-efficiency. Of the 176 products submitted for evaluation, only 37 were recognized in ten categories.
Earning "Recognized" or "Notable" status were four Philips LED lighting solutions:Streetscape Lighting Category
- Lumec SoleCity Small LED Street and Area Luminaire - Based on the Philips LEDgine platform, SoleCity also offers the flexibility of a modular approach, which allows for different LED configurations, enabling the systems to be tailored to a customer's unique needs such as application and light output. Research, development and manufacturing of Philips Lumec products is done locally in Quebec, ensuring the highest Canadian standards are met.
- Wide-Lite Mini 300 LED Gen-2 Gas Station Canopy - A seamless replacement for HID, the Mini 300 requires no new wiring, simplifying upgrades for owners, while reducing energy and maintenance costs by as much as 50 percent for gas station owners.
- Crescent/Stonco LytePro16 - Using just 40 watts of power or a 50% reduction in energy usage over similarly sized HID non-LED luminaires, the LytePro16 is a compact luminaire designed for exterior wall mounting.
- Color Kinetics eW Graze MX Powercore - At up to 696 lumens per foot, eW Cove MX Powercore delivers the highest light output in the line of solid white linear cove lights, rivaling the light output of T5 and 2 T8 strip lights in cove applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV