It's Great To Be Gay!
NEW ONLINE MAGAZINE LAUNCHES WITH CONTROVERSIAL YOUTUBE SPOT
TORONTO, Feb. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - CREW Magazine today unveiled God Made a Gay Man ( www.crewmagazine.com/article/so-god-made-a-gay-man or vimeo.com/crewdaily/godmadegayman), a controversial YouTube spot to mark the launch of its online publication. The spot reflects the contemporary gay experience in Canada and underscores the magazine's founding principle that it's great to be gay.
CREW Magazine ( www.crewmagazine.com) covers an array of modern lifestyle topics. Curated with a gay point-of-view, the online publication aims to be "a gay magazine for everyone".
"Discovery and web curation are a big part of what we do," says publisher Peter Coish. "We are creating a daily destination for anyone interested in content that goes beyond the usual sex and politics of gay media to examine all elements of a sophisticated, modern lifestyle - gay or straight."The YouTube spot is based on the recent Dodge Ram Superbowl spot, God Made a Farmer, which has become an Internet sensation. The CREW spot portrays the myriad of challenges that gay men face even today, as well as celebrates the contributions they make to every aspect of modern society. "A great meme is a terrible thing to waste," says CREW art director Kyriakos Alexopoulos. "We're leveraging the popularity and format of the original spot to create a moving homage to gay life in modern society." "Mainstream advertisers want to reach gays as they are an affluent, taste-making audience," says Coish. "But unfortunately they have few quality options. CREW Magazine has been launched to fill that void." Indeed, RBC Royal Bank has taken a lead sponsorship role in the site for 2013. The bank will be doing traditional online advertising as well as engaging the audience through custom editorials that specifically speak to gay consumers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV