Report: J&J Recalls Thousands Of Hip Implants
BERLIN (AP) â¿¿ A German newspaper reports that Johnson & Johnson is recalling thousands of hip implants 2 1/2 years after a similar recall.
Handelsblatt reports that the Adept implants made by J&J's subsidiary DePuy Orthopaedics showed a failure rate of 12 percent after seven years. It said some 7,500 of the implants were shipped worldwide between 2004 and 2011.
Johnson & Johnson representatives in Germany and the United States didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
Germany's Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices on Thursday confirmed it had received a notice from Johnson & Johnson about the recall.In August 2010, J&J recalled two types of DePuy ASR metal hip implants after they were linked to high failure rates. J&J has had more than 30 other product recalls since 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV