Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Welcomes Decision By Attorney General Kathleen Kane Which Will Help Protect Pennsylvania's Lottery
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale and Secretary-Treasurer Frank Snyder are pleased with Attorney General Kathleen Kane's decision today which protects Pennsylvania's lottery from the Corbett Administration's privatization plan.
"Attorney General Kane's decision will help ensure that this important public asset will continue serving Pennsylvania's seniors instead of being used to siphon profits and bonuses for a few corporate executives based overseas. It also helps protect the jobs of dedicated and loyal lottery employees who generated record proceeds for Pennsylvania seniors programs last year," President Bloomingdale said.
"We are pleased that our new Attorney General stood up for seniors and Pennsylvania lottery employees over a secretive bid process that in essence locked out Pennsylvania's lottery employees. Given the same opportunity the Governor was offering Camelot, Pennsylvania's public workers would beat Camelot's guaranteed profits by at least 10 percent to 30 percent without giving away hundreds of millions in revenue to a foreign company at the expense of our seniors," Snyder added.
SOURCE Pennsylvania AFL-CIO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV