Pennsylvania NASP State Championships On March 8
Nearly 900 students from 30 schools will compete
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvania Game Commission officials today announced 890 students from 30 schools throughout the state will compete in the National Archery in the Schools Program 2013 State Tournament on Friday, March 8, at the Penn State Multi-Sport Facility in University Park, Centre County.
In mid-2010, the Game Commission began coordinating Pennsylvania's NASP, which helps school districts in Pennsylvania meet physical education curriculum requirements of the state Department of Education, while at the same time introducing them to the world of competitive archery. The program has experienced considerable growth under the Game Commission's guidance with 363 students competing in the tournament in 2010 and 494 in 2011. A breakdown of this year's registered students is 410 females and 480 males.
"At least 125 schools are involved in Pennsylvania NASP," said Samantha Pedder, Game Commission outreach coordinator, who oversees NASP for the agency. In 2012, the agency received national recognition for having the greatest percentage increase in schools among the 48 states participating in NASP. "As a result of the overwhelming response from schools to participate in the tournament, we're adding more shooting positions to the event's range to accommodate everyone. Over the last three years, the range has nearly doubled in size, allowing 190 students to shoot at one time."Studies conducted by the national NASP organization demonstrate NASP is a great introduction to the sport of archery, and that many students choose to pursue the sport outside of school. This year the PGC will again offer a "Shooter's Expo" to provide participants a chance to explore other outdoor-related activities, such as 3-D archery target shooting and turkey calling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV