One under-$10 name that's trending very close to triggering a major breakout trade is NeoGenomics (NEO), which operates a network of cancer-focused testing laboratories whose mission is to improve patient care through exceptional genetic and molecular testing services. This stock is off to a hot start in 2013, with shares up sharply by 22%.
This company was hit with some bullish news this morning after it reported a 181% increase in adjusted EBIDA on 38% revenue growth and that the firm achieved profitability in 2012.
If you take a look at the chart for NeoGenomics, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strong for the last month and change, with shares soaring higher from its low of $2.39 to its intraday high of $3.10 a share. During that uptrend, shares of NEO have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. This move has now pushed shares of NEO within range of triggering a major breakout trade.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in NEO if it manages to break out above some key overhead resistance levels at $3.10 to $3.20 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average volume of 105,453 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then NEO will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory above $3.20 a share, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $4 to $5 a share. Traders can look to buy NEO off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right around its 50-day moving average of $2.75 a share. One could also buy NEO off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and simply use a stop close to $2.95 to $2.85 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV