5 Reasons Your Website Needs an Upgrade
2. You have too many social media options
"Social media can be very powerful, but it can also be a big hindrance for brands," says Noah Ross, executive creative director for New York-based advertising agency Launchpad.
"If you've ever gone to a website and seen five-plus social media icon options, chances are at least one of them will be a dud when you get there. This problem lies deeper than just the website, though. It lies in the social media strategy."
Ross says companies shouldn't be involved in social media for social media's sake. They should choose their communication platforms "purposefully" and build a strong strategy around them.
"For example, if you're in retail, Pinterest may be a great place to focus your energy so that you can gain visual exposure of your products in a share-heavy network. But please don't also start a Flickr, Vimeo and Twitter account if you're not going to man those stations with an equal amount of energy and continuity," he says.Even though your site may look great, leading clients to a Web presence that's not up to par will never reflect well on your brand. 3. You have an out-of-date blog "Blogs are one of the riskiest features to include on a brand's website because of the misunderstanding of how much time it will truly take to maintain," Ross says. "The minute a customer visits the blog on your site and sees that you haven't posted in two months, you've just communicated that you can't maintain your own marketing strategy," he adds. Companies with outdated content on their site appear to be "dropping the ball," no matter how strong the content may be, Ross says. It gives the impression that a company just doesn't care enough to make the effort, which is the last thing a brand should convey.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV