1. As of noon trading, Intuit ( INTU) is down $0.54 (-0.9%) to $60.90 on average volume Thus far, 997,664 shares of Intuit exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $60.87-$61.39 after having opened the day at $61.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.44. Intuit Inc. provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, accounting professionals, and financial institutions primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, and Singapore. Intuit has a market cap of $18.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Intuit a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Intuit as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Intuit Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the computer software & services industry could consider iShares S&P NA Tech Software Idx ( IGV) while those bearish on the computer software & services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts