- Generated higher sales and adjusted EPS for three consecutive years;
- Completed more than $500 million of share repurchases over the last two years, reducing the Company's shares outstanding by about 10%;
- Announced the acceleration of the current $1 billion share repurchase program, with $600 million of repurchases planned for 2013 and the remainder to be completed in 2014. This represents a further reduction of about 20% of the Company's shares outstanding;
- Established in 2011 a quarterly cash dividend, which has been increased annually and was most recently increased by 21% to $0.17 per share;
- Strengthened the core business through accelerated capital investments in emerging markets and the acquisition of Guilford Mills, a leading global provider of automotive fabrics; and
- Delivered superior returns to stockholders relative to both the S&P 500 and the Automotive Peer Group since November 2009 when Lear resumed trading on the New York Stock Exchange following its emergence from bankruptcy. In addition, since November 2009 the Company's equity market valuation has more than doubled.
Lear Confirms Receipt Of Notice Of Nomination From Marcato Capital Management LLC And Oskie Capital Management LLC
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.