A $25,000 donation from GE to the Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship Fund at the University of Connecticut was presented by Margaret Keane, chief executive officer of GE Capital Retail Bank, as the result of her receiving an award for outstanding leadership from GE Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Immelt. Margaret is one of 25 GE leaders to receive such recognition for their outstanding contributions to the company. Each award recipient is able to designate a donation to a charity of their choice. Keane presented the donation to UConn president, Susan Herbst, during halftime at the UConn Men’s basketball game, Wednesday, February 13, 2013.
“I believe in supporting a public university with strong academics and also have close ties with UConn. My son is a recent UConn graduate and we also have a family scholarship that we established. It is an honor to pay tribute to those who have been impacted by the tragic events of December 14, 2012, and to support the Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship Fund in their memory,” said Keane.
The Scholarship Fund helps support college costs for any siblings of those killed in the assault, the dependents of the adults who also lost their lives, as well as students currently enrolled at the elementary school who are accepted to attend the University of Connecticut.
“Contributions to the Sandy Hook Memorial Scholarship Fund are heartwarming evidence of people’s determination to respond to tragedy with positive and meaningful action,” says UConn president Susan Herbst. “We are grateful for the support of the gift of higher education for those affected by that shattering event.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV