Imaging For Women Enters Second Year Of Meaningful Use Participation
Imaging for Women decided to pursue MU attestation after the MedInformatix team demonstrated how the system would collect data to satisfy core and elective MU measures. In some instances, the RIS already captured statistics needed for MU – such as the number of patients receiving clinical summaries before leaving the office – to fulfill another federal government standard, the Mammogram Quality Standards Act (MQSA). In other instances, the practice incorporated new RIS tools for the MU process, including the following:
- An electronic Intake Questionnaire that patients complete in privacy while preparing for an exam can be reviewed simultaneously with images by the radiologist or technologist.
- A Patient Portal that is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) allows patients to view physician reports, scheduled appointments and medications prescribed, eliminating the need for patients to phone in requests and reducing staff legwork.
- A Meaningful Use Dashboard allows the practice to gauge progress on MU measures at a glance and delivers condensed summaries that otherwise would require preparation of 20-page reports.
"MedInformatix stays on top of changes in health care," said Fulk, president of the Northland Medical Managers Association. "As providers, we want to know that we will be in compliance with the various government programs. MedInformatix adapts the software to meet our needs in this very challenging time in medicine."
Through the system's integration with revenue management clearinghouse partner, ZirMed, the practice also avoids the red tape associated with determining insurance eligibility before visits, transmitting claims to more than 300 carriers and calculating discounts for self-pay patients. All of those tasks have been automated by MedInformatix. The practice maintains a high bar for cash flow as evidenced through its average 19 days in accounts receivable last year, less than a third of the national average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV