AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- More than 18 million views as of Feb. 14 of two-minute 'Farmer' video inspired by stirring 'So God Made a Farmer' tribute delivered decades ago by legendary radio broadcaster Paul Harvey and featuring all original photography
- Ram Truck to donate $1 million to National FFA Organization; takes less than one week to surpass viewing goals established to reach desired $1 million donation amount
- Funds raised go to FFA programs geared toward fighting hunger in communities across the country
- Ram Truck brand planning next phase of year-long 'The Year of the Farmer' initiative including book of photographs shining spotlight on the contributions of American farm families
The Ram Truck brand pledged to make a donation to the National FFA Organization for every view of its two-minute "Farmer" Super Bowl video on the brand's website, with the intent of generating $1 million.
It took less than a week to reach the 10 million view milestone equating to the $1 million donation. As of Feb. 14, the "Farmer" video has been viewed more than 18 million times at www.ramtrucks.com/keepplowing and www.youtube.com/ramtrucks and millions of more times on other sites.
"The compelling images in the video of America's heartland mated with Harvey's 'So God Made a Farmer' words resonated with viewers nationwide," said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, Chrysler Group LLC. "We set out to create a call-to-action to support farmers and to recognize their place as the foundation of the American character and are gratified with the dialog the video sparked.""'Farmer' is about having America appreciate everything that farmers and farm families do on a daily basis and captures the hard work, determination and character of the farmer in all of us," said Fred Diaz, President and CEO – Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico. "We are so pleased and excited that this has touched the hearts and souls of so many people in a positive way." The video also launched the Ram Truck brand's 2013 "The Year of the Farmer" campaign aimed at bringing national attention to the significance of the American farmer. The brand enhances its long-standing partnership with the National FFA Organization (formerly known as Future Farmers of America) with this year-long, multi-tiered initiative. Together with agricultural equipment manufacturer Case IH, Farms.com and other brand partners, Ram set out to raise awareness and generate funds for FFA hunger relief efforts in local communities across America.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts