U.S. Bank announced today that it is now accepting applications for the 2013 U.S. Bank Scholarship Program, continuing its support of current and future college students.
U.S. Bank will award $1,000 scholarships to 40 students through a random drawing, and will present those students with their awards in August 2013. Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2013. Students can apply online at www.usbank.com/scholarship.
“We are proud to continue the U.S. Bank Scholarship Program for the 17 th consecutive year,” said Erica Opstad, vice president, Office of Corporate Citizenship & Financial Education at U.S. Bank. “With the cost of college tuition increasing, and number of financial aid options decreasing, it’s important that both prospective and current college students are able to help pay for higher education through this program.”
In 2012, the 40 scholarship winners resided in 26 states. In the program’s 17-year history, U.S. Bank has awarded nearly $500,000 in college scholarships to students across the country.U.S. Bank is one of the top student banking institutions in the nation, providing a comprehensive line of student banking products including mobile and online banking, campus ID card programs, U.S. Bank student checking and savings and Visa Buxx® prepaid spending cards. Students and parents can find information and tips about financial education for students on U.S. Bank’s website – www.usbank.com/studentbanking. About U.S. BankU.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $354 billion in assets as of December 31, 2012, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The Company operates 3,084 banking offices in 25 states and 5,065 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at usbank.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV