Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Reports Sales Increase Of Nearly Five Percent For First Six Months Of The Year
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board today announced its unaudited operating results for the first half of fiscal year 2012-13.
PLCB wine and spirits sales totaled $918.2 million, a 4.9 percent increase for the six-month period ending Dec. 31, 2012. Both retail and licensee sales showed strong growth when compared to the same time period in 2011-12. Retail sales at PA Wine & Spirits Stores increased by 5.5 percent, while licensee sales increased by 3.5 percent.
As a result of strong sales growth, the agency reported an interim net profit of $75.1 million, a $16.7 million increase over last year, and remitted more than $233 million in sales and liquor tax for the commonwealth, an increase of $9.9 million over the first six months of 2011-12.
Established in 1933, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board regulates the distribution of beverage alcohol and also operates more than 600 PA Wine & Spirits Stores statewide. Taxes and store profits are returned to Pennsylvania's General Fund, helping to pay the cost of essential services such as education, health care, infrastructure and public safety.Media contact: Stacy Kriedeman, 717-783-8864 SOURCE Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV