High Yield Specialist DDJ Capital Management Adds Clients Worldwide, Expands Investment Capabilities
WALTHAM, Mass., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DDJ Capital Management, LLC, an institutional manager of high yield and special situations investments with investors worldwide, is pleased to announce that as of December 31, 2012, the firm managed approximately $5 billion in assets, a gain of more than 37% of total assets during the year, following net inflows from new and existing clients coupled with positive investment returns.
During 2012, DDJ introduced a new core high yield strategy focused on higher quality corporate borrowers. DDJ's core high yield strategy, which invests in the middle tier of the non-investment grade credit markets, presently has approximately $1.1 billion in assets under management. The core approach complements the firm's opportunistic high yield strategy, which targets middle market U.S. and Canadian companies in the lower tier of the non-investment grade credit markets.
Additionally, DDJ continued to grow two commingled vehicles for its opportunistic high yield strategy in 2012. Such vehicles provide access to investors who wish to invest less than the $50 million minimum required to launch a separate account.
"Meeting client demand with strongly performing strategies has helped our firm grow significantly this past year and we are very pleased with the reception we have received globally," said DDJ's David Breazzano, president and chief investment officer. "We believe that a slow growth economic environment is positive for high yield and that this asset class will remain attractive in 2013."Additional 2012 firm highlights include:
- The District of Columbia Retirement Board appointed DDJ for a $150 million opportunistic high yield mandate
- Northern Funds hired DDJ as a sub-adviser for the $775 million Northern Multi-Manager High Yield Opportunity Fund
- Russell Investments Canada appointed DDJ as a high yield sub-adviser for the Russell Global High Income Bond Pool, a Canadian mutual fund
- A sovereign wealth fund appointed DDJ to manage a core high yield mandate
- A major U.S. mutual fund sponsor appointed DDJ as a high yield sub-adviser for a multi-billion dollar global multi-strategy fund
- A global provider of investment solutions hired DDJ as a sub-investment manager of its global high yield UCITS fund that targets non-U.S. investors
- Two prominent U.S. corporate retirement plans invested in a commingled trust managed by DDJ that pursues the opportunistic high yield strategy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV