NOVA ScienceNOW Web Series Reveals TV Star Mayim Bialik As A Neuroscientist ... Playing A Neuroscientist
BOSTON, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- What is the correct way to store brains for scientific study? How does your life change when you fall in love with the neuron? How does a child star grow up without going to rehab?
Ask Mayim Bialik, the newest profilee in The Secret Life of Scientists and Engineers and star of the hit comedy The Big Bang Theory . In NOVA's Emmy®-nominated, WGBH-TV-produced web series The Secret Life of Scientists and Engineers , fans will learn that Bialik has a lot in common with her quirky Big Bang Theory character Amy Farrah Fowler. In real life – as on the show – Bialik is a neuroscientist.
In a series of intimate and fast-paced, first-person interviews now posted at http://bit.ly/mayims-secret, Bialik charts her unusual journey from child star of the '90s sitcom Blossom, to neuroscientist and Emmy-nominated actress. While many girls like her Blossom character dreamed of being a Hollywood celebrity, Bialik fell in love with science and put her Hollywood career on hold to pursue a Ph.D. Her neuroscience expertise now comes in handy as she helps Big Bang Theory writers get the science right on the sitcom.
In her Secret Life videos, Mayim Bialik reveals:
- What saved her from the "curse" of child stardom
- Bialik's journey from the set of a hit TV series, to the science lab – and back to TV
- How the Blossom set became a learning laboratory
- Whether The Big Bang Theory's Amy Farrah Fowler prefers Sheldon or Leonard
- Why young girls should stop thinking of science as a "boys subject"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV