You don't just simply build a Web site or construct an app and have people embrace it. The user interface and experience needs to be top notch. That takes tech minds, tech people, tech know-how.
With their mobile and digital platforms, Starbucks and Domino's create engaging and addictive experiences.
And they've only just begun, both in terms of scale (look out international) and features. Soon, you'll likely be able to walk into a Starbucks and, if you're not on a first-name basis with the barista, have your drink paid for and ready the second you walk through the door. That's innovation. And that's some of the best tech has to offer right now.
Lots of tech changes lives or positively transforms the way we live and carry out daily tasks. Some of it goes down behind the scenes with relatively small amounts of fanfare (processor speeds, etc.), but the stuff Starbucks and Domino's do is out in front. It deserves the same credit from the space as it has received -- through mass adoption -- from consumers.From an investment perspective, it's all about vision. When these companies experience short-term setbacks, long-term investors should add to positions. Management at firms such as Starbucks and Domino's have their companies well-positioned for the long-term. Most importantly, they're ahead of the curve; they've been working on these initiatives for years, before they became the obvious moves to everybody else. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV