New Poll Of Likely Voters Shows Strong Preference For Immigration Enforcement Over Legalization Of Illegal Aliens
"The devil is in the details, and once the American people get a look at the details of the president's and the Senate's prescription for immigration reform, they are likely to reject a mass amnesty much as they did in 2007," Stein predicted. "Once all of the ideas are on the table and the American people really take a close look at the social and economic costs of a mass amnesty for illegal aliens, any support will quickly dissipate.
"What voters clearly do want is immigration reform that protects the interests of American workers and taxpayers and which requires illegal immigrants to comply with our laws, rather than reform that rewards the people who break our laws. As members of Congress attempt to tackle this issue, they need to be mindful of the fact that the American people will be paying attention," concluded Stein.
Among the key findings of the FAIR/Pulse Opinion poll:
- By a 53% to 41% margin, voters believe our nation's borders are not secure.
- By a 74% to 21% margin, voters believe the government is not doing an effective job preventing illegal aliens from living and working in the U.S.
- By a 53% to 26% margin, voters believe that illegal immigration is harmful to American workers.
- By a 66% to 11% margin, voters believe that illegal immigration imposes a burden on American taxpayers.
The full text of the questions and responses can be found at www.fairus.org. The nationwide poll was conducted on February 6 and has a margin of error of +/-3 percent.The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is a national, nonprofit, public-interest, membership organization of concerned citizens who share a common belief that our nation's immigration policies must be reformed to serve the national interest. Visit FAIR's website at www.fairus.org. SOURCE FAIR
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV