GT Advanced Technologies (NASDAQ: GTAT) will be presenting at the 2013 Strategies in Light Conference, which runs from February 12-14 in Santa Clara, CA. GT’s Dr. David Joyce, who is Sapphire Wafer Task Force co-chair of the SEMI HB-LED Technical Committee, will present an update on the progress being made in establishing standards for the manufacturing of LEDs. Dr. Joyce’s presentation will focus on the role standards play in establishing a collaboratively driven technology roadmap to lower costs and drive further innovation in the manufacturing of LEDs.
GT has played a leadership role working with its industry peers to drive the evolving standards for LED manufacturing. The SEMI HB-LED Standards Committee on Sapphire was created in late 2010 to bring together industry leaders throughout the LED value chain to establish standards related to sapphire substrates. Their initial work resulted in the publication last year of the SEMI HB1 standard for 150 mm sapphire substrate wafers with input from representatives throughout the LED supply chain from North America, Europe and Asia. The HB-LED Wafer Task force is currently developing further refinements to the HB1 standard. Continued development of this standard is important to the ongoing trend of lower costs and quality improvements necessary for the sustained development of the LED industry.
About GT Advanced Technologies Inc.
GT Advanced Technologies Inc. is a diversified technology company with
innovative crystal growth equipment and solutions for the global solar,
LED and electronics industries. Our products accelerate the adoption of
new advanced materials that improve performance and lower the cost of
manufacturing. For additional information about GT Advanced
Technologies, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV