HMS’s third party liability recovery efforts resulted in approximately $228 million in recoveries and cost avoidance savings in SFY 2012, exceeding expectations for the year by more than $14 million.
“ HMS has helped Iowa achieve substantial savings and recoveries without impacting healthcare services for 400,000 Iowans or increasing burdens on our many dedicated providers,” said Jennifer Vermeer, Iowa’s Medicaid Director.
“ HMS is delighted to have exceeded projected savings for Iowa last year,” said Maria Perrin, HMS’s Chief Marketing Officer. “We are committed to continuing to deliver uncompromising service to the State in support of their Medicaid enterprise.”The latest results build on a track record of success for HMS and the State. HMS has performed third party liability and program integrity services on behalf of Iowa since 1984, and as part of the Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME) since 2005. Since the implementation of the IME in 2005, HMS has recovered more than $322 million on behalf of the State and generated more than $1 billion in cost avoidance savings. About HMS HMS is the nation's leader in coordination of benefits and program integrity services for healthcare payers. HMS's clients include health and human services programs in more than 40 states; commercial programs, including commercial plans, employers, and more than 148 Medicaid managed care plans; the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); and Veterans Administration facilities. As a result of the company's services, clients recovered $3.2 billion in 2012, and saved billions more through the prevention of erroneous payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV