NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vimeo today announced the acquisition of Echograph, the popular iPhone and iPad app from Clear-Media. Echograph is a premium app that creates beautiful videos that look like animated GIFs. As part of this acquisition, Vimeo will offer the previously $2.99 app for free from the iTunes App Store.
The Echograph team will report to Vimeo's President Dae Mellencamp. App creator Nick Alt will transition from his role as Clear-Media's CEO to Vimeo's Vice President of Mobile, leading development across all platforms. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We chose Echograph because it helps people easily create beautiful high quality video content," said Kerry Trainor, Vimeo CEO. "That, with Nick's proven track record of building innovative video apps made it a perfect fit for Vimeo."
"Vimeo to me is the most innovative video platform that empowers its users to share quality content," said Echograph creator Nick Alt. "I'm very excited for our teams to come together to take Echograph to the next level and develop a new fleet of amazing mobile video apps."About VimeoVimeo® is the high-quality video platform for creative people. Vimeo's mission is to empower and inspire people around the world to create, share and discover videos. As one of the world's largest creative networks, Vimeo has over 15M registered members and reaches a global audience of more than 93M each month. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is a subsidiary of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI) SOURCE Vimeo
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV