NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With stocks challenging 52-week highs, multi-year year highs and in some cases all-time highs, it's surprising to observe that the performances of many stocks after reporting better than expected earnings have been lackluster at best.
Today I update my profiles for 11 stocks that reported quarterly results between Jan. 30 and Feb. 13. Eight reported better than expected EPS, while three missed.
On Jan. 29 I wrote,
On Tuesday I wrote,
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine. VE Rating: A "1-engine" rating is a strong sell, a "2-engine" rating is a sell, a "3-engine" rating is a hold, a "4-engine" rating is a buy and a "5-engine" rating is a strong buy. Last 12-Month Return (%): Stocks with a red number declined by that percentage over the last 12 months. Stocks with a black number increased by that percentage. Forecast 1-Year Return: Stocks with a red number are projected to decline by that percentage over the next 12 months. Stocks with a black number in the table are projected to move higher by that percentage over the next 12 months. Trailing 12 months price-to-earnings ratio
Here are my updated buy-and-trade parameters and earnings scorecard: Boeing (BA) ($74.78) beat earnings estimates by 9 cents a share reporting an EPS of $1.28 on Jan. 30. Given the clouds of the Dreamliner the stock stayed range bound, while maintaining a buy rating. The weekly chart shifts to negative with a weekly close below the five-week modified moving average at $75.12. My semiannual value level lags at $59.67 with my monthly risky level at $76.40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV