Bel Fuse Inc. (NASDAQ:BELFA) (NASDAQ:BELFB) today announced preliminary unaudited financial results for the fourth quarter and 2012.
- For the fourth quarter of 2012, sales increased 4.5% to $71.8 million compared to $68.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. For 2012, sales decreased 2.9% to $286.6 million compared to $295.1 million for 2011.
- For the fourth quarter of 2012, the GAAP net loss was $2.5 million, or $0.21 per Class A share and $0.22 per Class B share, compared to GAAP net earnings of $82,000, or $0.00 per Class A share and $0.01 per Class B share, for the fourth quarter of 2011. For 2012, GAAP net earnings were $2.4 million, or $0.17 per diluted Class A share and $0.21 per diluted Class B share, compared with GAAP net earnings of $3.8 million, or $0.28 per diluted Class A share and $0.33 per diluted Class B share, for 2011
- Restructuring charges of $3.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2012 and $5.2 million for 2012 are expected to result in annual operating cost reductions of about $5.6 million beginning in 2013.
- For the fourth quarter of 2012, non-GAAP net earnings which excludes restructuring charges, acquisition costs and other charges increased to $979,000, compared to non-GAAP net earnings which excludes restructuring charges, litigation charges and other charges for the fourth quarter of 2011 of $395,000. For 2012, non-GAAP net earnings rose to $7,365,000 compared to $7,085,000 for 2011.
- The acquisitions of Gigacom Interconnect, Fibreco Limited and Powerbox Italy completed in 2012 advance Bel's strategy to focus on sales of higher margin, non-commodity products.
- Bel agreed to acquire the Transpower magnetics business of TE Connectivity, which had 2012 sales of about $75 million. Expected to close in the first quarter of 2013, this acquisition will solidify Bel's position as a world leader in integrated connector modules (ICMs).
- Purchased 279,000 Class B common shares (for an aggregate cost of $4.9 million) in the fourth quarter of 2012 and 369,000 Class B common shares (for an aggregate cost of $6.6 million) for all of 2012 under the $10 million common share buyback program authorized by the Board in July 2012.
Daniel Bernstein, Bel's President and CEO, said, "In 2012, we made substantial progress implementing our strategy to improve Bel's short and long-term growth in revenue and profitability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV