Legal Costs Must Not Be Cut At The Expense Of Access To Justice
He urged everyone involved in the process of formulating the reforms to make the time to gather and look at the evidence.
"These reforms will be with us for many years so we must take the time to get them right," he said. "The Government has recently shown that it can listen and respond to concerns in relation to its reform of the GCSE exam, and it needs to show the same willingness to listen in relation to civil justice. It would be irresponsible and wrong to reform and change in haste and then force injured victims to repent at leisure.
"I believe we have a responsibility to work together to ensure that reform, if it is needed, is introduced with thought and care. This is all too important to get wrong."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV