MILWAUKEE, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Experis, the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based solutions, is hosting the first-ever Experis Mission Mashup, a hackathon-type event for local college students. The daylong session will ask participants to collaborate to solve real-world company "missions" that will be judged using online gaming technology. Internships and cash prizes will be awarded to top teams. The event will take place on Sat., Feb. 23, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at ManpowerGroup World Headquarters, 100 Manpower Place, Milwaukee. Event sponsors include Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE:BGG), RadMatter™, the Talent Dividend and MiKE.
"At Experis, we are committed to connecting with talented people who might be a fit for a client or for our own team," said Steve Feest, recruiting director for Experis in Milwaukee. "When it comes to the next generation of workers, we know that recruiting through the traditional career fair model doesn't work. Rather than just listing skills on a resume, the Mission Mashup approach is an entertaining and fun way for Generation Y to showcase their problem-solving and collaborative abilities."
During the daylong session, Mission Mashup participants will collaborate in teams of three students comprised of individuals with a background in marketing, digital media and IT respectively. Students will work in the RadMatter™ social talent development platform to showcase their results. All participants will have the opportunity to network with local company representatives and jump-start the job search process. In addition, local professionals will offer feedback on the teams' concepts and vote to select the winners. Prizes will be handed out throughout the day including cash awards and internships with sponsor Briggs & Stratton Corporation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV