IRVING, Texas, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Michaels Stores, Inc. today announced that it has named Chuck Rubin Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board of Directors. Mr. Rubin, currently the President and Chief Executive Officer of Ulta Beauty, will assume his new roles after a brief period of transition, at which time Michaels will discontinue the Office of the Chief Executive Officer, established on an interim basis in May 2012. Charles "Chuck" Sonsteby, a member of the Office of the CEO, will continue as the Company's Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Rubin brings more than 30 years of retail industry experience, including serving as President, Chief Executive Officer and member of the Board of Directors for Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), where since 2010, he successfully led his team in driving record revenue and earnings growth, as well as creating significant shareholder value for one of the largest beauty retailers in the United States. He is a proven industry leader with a track record of results in marketing, merchandising, operations and strategy, having held executive leadership positions at a number of leading retail businesses including Office Depot, Sportmart and Federated Department Stores. He also served as a partner in Accenture's retail consulting practice and was a member of the executive committee of the National Retail Federation from 2007 to 2010.
"Michaels is an iconic brand and a category leader in the large and fragmented arts and crafts industry, with considerable potential moving forward," said Mr. Rubin. "With its diverse product offering of industry defining brands and unique customer engagement strategy, Michaels has built a loyal customer base. I am honored and excited by the opportunity and look forward to working with the Company's talented management team and dedicated associates."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV