Smart911 Celebrates Valentine's Day By Honoring American Heart Month
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On a day when hearts across the country may be full of love, and flowers and chocolates are bountiful, the public safety experts from Rave Mobile Safety, creators of Smart911, are celebrating by honoring American Hearth Month. Rave is reminding citizens to take a moment and reflect on heart health to ensure theirs remains strong. Because while a heart may skip a beat on this day of romance when Cupid's arrow finds its mark, it is important to take symptoms seriously and remember that fast action and precise communication plays a significant role in handling a heart related emergency.
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), heart and blood vessel disease is the nation's No. 1 killer. Roughly 325,000 people die annually of coronary attack before they even get to a hospital or emergency room (ER). Rave is encouraging citizens to familiarize themselves with the warning signs of heart attacks, seek immediate medical attention should any occur, and create a Smart911 Safety Profile for fast, enhanced response during 9-1-1 emergencies.
Every year tens of thousands of people across the U.S. not only survive heart attacks, they return to work and enjoy a normal life. However, the AHA notes that not all heart attacks are sudden and intense; most start slowly with mild pain or discomfort. As a result, people often aren't sure what's wrong and wait too long before getting help. Minutes count when it comes to heart attacks so be familiar with the following warning signs:
- Chest Discomfort: A sensation in the center of the chest that feels like pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain. This can last more than a few minutes, or, go away and then return.
- Upper Body Discomfort: Pain or discomfort in the back, neck, jaw, stomach, or in one or both arms.
- Shortness of Breath: This may or may not be accompanied by chest discomfort.
- Additional Signs: Cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV