Iberdrola Group Net Earnings Up 1.3% In 2012
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Group revenues rose 8.1%
- Debt was reduced by nearly €1.4 billion
- Operating cash flow rose 2.5%
- Liquidity passes €12 billion – enough to meet needs for more than three years
- Board maintains dividend of €0.3 per share
Here are some highlights from global energy leader Iberdrola (IBDRY:US) 2012 financial results reported today in London. You may view the original Iberdrola S.A. news release here: http://bit.ly/YZzeGc .
- 2012 Group revenues rose 8.1% to €34.2 billion, while gross margin increased 4.6% to €12.6 billion and operating cash flow rose 2.5% to €6.2 billion.
- EBITDA increased 1% to €7.73 billion.
- Net earnings rose 1.3% to €2.84 billion, driven by a 35% earnings growth in international business.
- Worldwide installed renewable generation capacity increased 2.5% to more than 14,000 megawatts.
Iberdrola continued to strengthen its balance sheet by selling €850 million (of the €2 billion planned) of non-strategic assets, limiting capital investments to €3.26 billion and reducing debt by €1.4 billion to €30.3 billion.
US NetworksUS networks business distributed 31,573 gigawatt hours of electricity to customers in Maine and New York - a rise of 1.2% from 2011. US networks EBITDA rose 20.5% to €660.2 million, helped by higher revenues and favourable exchange rates.Operations highlights for the year include Central Maine Power (CMP) reaching the half-way point in construction of the Maine Power Reliability Program, a $1.4 billion upgrade to the New England transmission system. CMP also completed the installation of 620,000 smart meters - one of the largest installs in the United States. Annual General Meeting and DividendThe Board of Directors has set its Annual General Meeting for Friday March 22. The Board also declared a before tax dividend of approximately €0.3 per share. Due to its strong performance and strengthened balance sheet, the Company will propose a 2.4% share buyback, consisting of the amortization of 1.4% of treasury stock and repurchase of another 1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV