(2) Last twelve months ("LTM"). The most comparable GAAP measure to Adjusted EBITDA, income before income taxes, was $19.6 million for the first quarter of 2012, $18.5 million for the second quarter of 2012, $22.7 million for the third quarter of 2012, and $26.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2012. Reconciliations of Adjusted EBITDA to income before income taxes for all periods presented are available on our website at www.genesisenergy.com.
(3) This amount reflects the adjustment we are permitted to make under our credit agreement for purposes of calculating compliance with our leverage ratio. It includes a pro rata portion of projected future annual EBITDA from material projects and includes Adjusted EBITDA (using historical amounts) since the beginning of such calculation period attributable to each acquisition completed during such calculation period, regardless of the date on which such acquisition was actually completed. This adjustment may not be indicative of future results.
This press release includes forward-looking statements as defined under federal law. Although we believe that our expectations are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our goals will be achieved. Actual results may vary materially. Historical results may not be indicative of future results. Please refer to our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other filings, including our Current Reports on Form 8-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for additional information and risk factors that may affect these forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement.
This press release and the accompanying schedules include non-generally accepted accounting principle (non-GAAP) financial measures of available cash and Adjusted EBITDA. The accompanying schedules provide reconciliations of these non-GAAP financial measures to their most directly comparable financial measures calculated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States of America (GAAP). Our non-GAAP financial measures should not be considered as alternatives to GAAP measures of liquidity or financial performance. We believe that investors benefit from having access to the same financial measures being utilized by management, lenders, analysts and other market participants.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts