- Kissing can cause cavities. If you kiss someone who may have bad bacteria in his/her mouth, their saliva could pass the bacteria on to you, thereby causing cavities. On the other hand, according to Dr. Liechtung, others believe that kissing may actually prevent cavities since saliva is the body's natural way of cleaning the mouth.
- You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss.
- The average woman will kiss 79 guys before she's married.
- The average person will spend an estimated 20,160 minutes kissing in their lifetime.
- First Kiss. 50% of all people have their first kiss before the age of 14.
- Ninety percent of people in the world engage in kisses on the lips. People in other cultures, such as Eskimos, rub noses.
- Kissing Record. In September 1990 Alfred Wolfram kissed 8,001 people in 8 hours (over 16 people a minute) at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.
- First Movie Kiss. John C. Rice kissed May Irwin in 1896 and became the first couple to be recorded kissing in the film The Kiss.
- South Africa Bans Kissing. In December 2007 the South African government banned kissing involving anyone under the age of 16, regardless of consent.
- Blarney Stone. According to legend, any person who kisses the Blarney Stone in the Blarney Castle in Cork, Ireland, will be endowed with the gift of gab.
- Kissing at the conclusion of a wedding ceremony can be traced to ancient Roman tradition where a kiss was used to sign contract.
Valentine's Day Special: Kissing Trivia
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.