Diebold Incorporated Stock Downgraded (DBD)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- DBD, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 18.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- DBD's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.80 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.33 is sturdy.
- DIEBOLD INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIEBOLD INC reported lower earnings of $1.27 versus $2.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.95 versus $1.27).
- The gross profit margin for DIEBOLD INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.26% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $164.26 million or 39.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.