TowerJazz, the global specialty foundry leader, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year, ended December 31, 2012.
- Record full year revenues of $638.8 million, up 5% year-over-year, further cementing TowerJazz’s position as the #1 specialty foundry; $164 million EBITDA for 2012, reflecting 26% EBITDA margins and up 6% year-over-year;
- Improvement in full year non-GAAP gross and operating margins at 37% and 26%, respectively as compared to 36% and 25% in 2011, respectively;
- Full year non-GAAP net profit of $132 million and net margin of 21%, higher than $124 million and 20% net margin in 2011;
- End of year cash balance of $133 million as compared to $101 million as of December 31, 2011.
Russell Ellwanger, Chief Executive Officer of TowerJazz, commented: "2012 was a noteworthy and strategically significant year for the company. We acquired the Nishiwaki factory with an understanding of long term capacity needs of our business. This demand is being realized and satisfied in the Nishiwaki factory with the press released Vishay-Siliconix advanced technology transfer, a very large Asian based fabless existing customer transferring its highest volume flow to Nishiwaki and multiple new Japanese and Korean customer engagements. Our recent introduction of an advanced SOI Switch platform opens a new market for us and has already realized over 25 customer tape-outs. In 2012, we had over 450 full mask set tape outs and left the year with more than 400 new design wins. These numbers are at record levels and a strong indicator of customer traction and continued growth."Ellwanger further stated: "In the immediate, we see revenue reduction as per the planned contractual decrease in the Micron volume agreement in Nishiwaki. We see this as short term, corrected by the qualification and ramp of the above mentioned Nishiwaki based activities, as well as other strategic initiatives in new markets such as the SOI Switch. Our worldwide presence and specialty technology offerings have enabled us to create a competitive advantage for our customers and we expect further market share growth in our chosen value add segments during 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV