HOUSTON, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Endeavour International Corporation (NYSE: END) (LSE: ENDV)("Endeavour" or the "Company") announced today that its Board of Directors has authorized the Company's management team to explore a broad range of strategic alternatives to further enhance shareholder value. Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. and Lambert Energy Advisory Ltd. have been engaged as the Company's financial advisors in this process.
Endeavour will consider a full range of options in order to unlock the value underlying the Company's assets, including:
- A sale, joint venture or partnership in respect of the Company's activities in the North Sea;
- A sale of specific assets;
- A sale or merger of the Company; or
- Continuing to execute on the Company's operational plan.
"Our Board of Directors, management and shareholders continue to be disappointed by the dislocation between the underlying asset values and our stock price," said William L. Transier, chief executive officer. "We have built a world class operational team and portfolio of assets in the North Sea. We also have a very talented team and evolving portfolio of assets in North America. Our focus during the last two years has been to fully implement development projects in the North Sea and use the cash flows from these projects to repay debt and advance our strategy. In a challenging environment, we have accomplished new production and increased cash flows in 2012. However, delays and the high cost environment of the North Sea continue to impact our ability to execute effectively on our strategic plan."
"The initiation of a review of strategic alternatives will allow us to explore options that can accelerate the realization of value for the benefit of our shareholders," Mr. Transier continued. "While we review alternatives, we remain focused on executing on our operational plan to realize the long-term value of our assets."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV