Publicis Groupe: 2012 Annual Results
Diversity, in the broadest sense, continues to be one of the Groupe's key challenges. Measures have been taken in various areas such as the battle against discrimination (in all its forms), the roll-out of awareness-raising campaigns, or the setting up and running of high-visibility initiatives like the group-wide network in the USA known as Egalité (LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender).
In the field of gender balance, VivaWomen! - the internal network of women within the Groupe - now has branches in Paris, Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Shanghai and London. Purpose of this network, which is run by volunteers, is to help women further their careers within the Groupe. It is a time and a place for exchanges and for sharing. The USA and France were the two countries in which the network was most active in 2012.
- External growthIn 2012, Publicis Groupe continued to make targeted acquisitions consistent with its strategy :
- Mediagong: a digital agency in France specialized in digital strategy consulting, the social media, advergaming and mobile communications.
- On January 26, Publicis Groupe tabled a friendly bid for Pixelpark, Germany's largest independent group in digital communications. The proposed takeover was approved by the German Federal Cartel Office on February 15, 2012. Publicis Groupe now holds nearly 79% of all Pixelpark shares.
- The Creative Factory, to broaden Saatchi & Saatchi's foothold in Russia. This Moscow-based company has a big reputation in its specialist fields, i.e. marketing, digital services, digital production and video.
- U-Link Business Solutions Co. Ltd., one of China's top agencies specialized in healthcare communications, as well as King Harvests and Luminous, two specialized marketing agencies based in China and Singapore.
- Flip Media, which is a large network of digital agencies in the Middle East. This full-service network is positioned throughout the digital chain, offering services ranging from strategy, digital design and production, to content and technological platforms.
- Indigo Consulting, a Mumbai-based, full-service Indian agency providing specialized website design and development, referencing, usability research and testing, and marketing online, on mobiles and in the social media. Indigo Consulting will strengthen the Leo Burnett network in India.
- Longtuo: a Beijing-based digital marketing company with particularly strong e-commerce expertise in creation, customer acquisition, marketing solutions and measurement tools. Longtuo has become part of the Razorfish network and will be known as Razorfish Longtuo China.
- BBR Group is one of the leading communications groups in Israel . BBR is a network of creative agencies offering a range of services in creation, brand identity, media, digital services and design.
- ZOOM Advertising, a subsidiary of the Ramallah-based Massar Group, making Publicis Groupe the first communications group to establish a business in Palestine (20% stake) . Zoom, which has been renamed Publicis Zoom, will be aligned with the Publicis Worldwide network. Zoom was founded in 2004 and quickly asserted itself as the leading agency in the Palestinian communications industry, providing sophisticated digital and interactive tools. Along with its expertise in multimedia applications, Zoom is the local leader in creative and brand strategy.
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH): acquisition of 51% of the share capital (not yet tendered). This acquisition includes Brazilian agency NEOGAMA/BBH.
- CNC in Germany , a network of agencies in strategic consulting and communications that also has operations in the UK, India and Japan.
- Resultrix in India, an international digital services agency set up in 2008. Resultrix has operations in India, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and in the USA. This agency is highly reputed for its performance marketing expertise.
- Arachnid in Malaysia, a digital agency renowned for its creativity. Established in Kuala Lumpur in 1996, Arachnid now employs over 60 digital communications professionals. It offers and develops services in some 25 countries.
- AR New York, one of America's most reputable advertising agencies, specialized in communications for the luxury goods, fashion and beauty sectors.
- iStrat and Market Gate, in India, are respectively an integrated digital services agency and a consulting firm specialized in strategy and marketing.
- OUTSIDE LINE, one of the UK's Top 5 independent digital agencies specialized in the social media and experiential marketing.
- Monterosa, is an international agency based in Sweden, and is specialized in marketing and communications on mobile phones.
- Rokkan Media LLC, a New York-based multiservice digital agency that combines e-commerce, loyalty programs, digital marketing, mobile communications and the social media.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV