Publicis Groupe: 2012 Annual Results
Within a context of general economic slowdown, Publicis Groupe saw its revenue rise by 13.7% to 6,610 million euro, i.e. organic growth of +2.9%. This growth, which was mainly driven by digital services, the USA and the developing markets, more than offsets the adverse effects of the loss of the GM media and Search contracts and the dip in healthcare expenditures. The impact of exchange rates was 313 million euro.
- Digital activities accounted for 32.9% of total revenue, up from 30.6% during the previous period, and recorded 6.6% organic growth;
- The high-growth economies generated 25.5% of total revenue, up from 24.3% in 2011, also achieving 6.6% organic growth;
- Strictly digital activities accounted for the largest portion of consolidated revenue (33%, up from 31% in 2011), followed by "analog" creative advertising (30%, down from 31% the previous year), the SAMS (unchanged at 19%) and media 18% (after 19% in 2011).
The Groupe's transformation is clearly underway.
- Breakdown of 2012 revenue by geography
(EUR million) Revenue Reported Growth Organic growth 2012 2011 2012/2011 2012/2011 Europe* 1,881 1,782 +5.6% -0.3% North America 3,146 2,721 +15.6% +3.0% BRIC+MISSAT* 892 706 +26.3% +10.1% Rest of the world 691 607 +13.8% +3.5% Total 6,610 5,816 +13.7% +2.9%* Europe excluding Russia and Turkey ** MISSAT: Mexico, Indonesia, Singapore, South Africa and Turkey
- Europe: slight overall weakening (-0.3%) but the situation was quite contrasted from one country to another.
- North America: with 3.1% organic growth, the USA continued to resist well, chiefly thanks to the media and digital activities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV