Total nonperforming assets (NPAs) were $11.5 million at quarter end, compared to $11.3 million at September 30, 2012, and $15.9 million at December 31, 2011. Troubled debt restructured loans totaled $6.7 million, up from $3.5 million at September 30, 2012, but down from $7.2 million at December 31, 2011, as the Company restructured one larger relationship during the fourth quarter.
Classified loans totaled $24.9 million at quarter end, a 23.9% decrease from September 30, 2012 and a 53.1% decrease from a year ago. Classified loans are loans in which the Company anticipates potential problems in obtaining repayment of principal and interest per the contractual terms, but does not necessarily believe that losses will occur.
"We achieved a substantial reduction in problem loans during the fourth quarter, as we successfully resolved a number of remaining work-out situations," said Hecker.
The following tables summarize nonperforming assets by type and geographic region, and provide trending information over the prior year.
|NPA BY CATEGORY|
|(Dollars in thousands)||12/31/2012||% of total||9/30/2012||% of total||12/31/2011||% of total|
|Commercial loans||$ 4,042||35.2%||$ 3,400||30.2%||$ 3,686||23.0%|
|Commercial real estate||1,716||14.9%||1,021||9.1%||2,786||17.5%|
|Land and land development||5,118||44.6%||6,204||55.0%||8,653||54.3%|
|Residential real estate||502||4.4%||609||5.4%||567||3.6%|
|Total NPA by Categories||$ 11,480||100.0%||$ 11,272||100.0%||$ 15,942||100.0%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV