First 5 LA Launches Campaign To Inform Parents On Importance Of Quality Early Care And Education
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ninety percent of a child's brain develops by age 5; these early years are critical to the development of how a child thinks, feels, acts, and interacts with others. To help parents who need to find someone to watch after their child during these early development years, First 5 LA has launched "Quality Child Care Lasts a Lifetime," a campaign aimed at informing parents about the life-long benefits of quality early care and education and tips to help them make informed decisions. The campaign consists of English and Spanish radio, print, cable, Transit TV, and out of home ads, collateral materials, a website, and a comprehensive outreach effort in over 15 communities throughout the region.
President Barack Obama in his recent State of the Union address affirmed that "study after study shows that the sooner a child begins learning, the better he or she does down the road," highlighting the important role quality early care and education plays in shaping a child's future. Research shows that children who receive quality child care show more advanced language skills, do better in school, have fewer behavioral problems, and develop better social skills. Ultimately, they are more likely to graduate from high school and succeed in their academic careers. President Obama also called out some of the societal benefits of early education including increased graduation rates, reduced teen pregnancy and reduced violent crime.
According to First 5 LA, however, many parents are not aware the first 5 years of their child's life may determine the level of success they will reach as adults. The agency, through its "Quality Child Care Lasts a Lifetime" campaign, wants to encourage those organizations that work directly with parents, to help deliver this important message.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV