Spectrum Group International, Inc. Announces Fiscal Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Spectrum Group International, Inc. (SPGZ.PK) today announced financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013, which ended December 31, 2012.
Highlights for the Three and Six Months ended December 31, 2012:
Total revenue of $1.74 billion and $3.40 billion for the three and six
months ended December 31, 2012
- Trading segment revenue of $1.69 billion and $3.30 billion for the three and six months ended December 31, 2012
- Collectibles segment revenue of $47.7 million and $98.9 million for the three and six months ended December 31, 2012
- Gross profit of $11.5 million and $21.6 million for the three and six months ended December 31, 2012
- Pre-tax income (loss) from continuing operations of $0.5 million and $(0.1) million for the three and six months ended December 31, 2012
Revenues for the three months ended December 31, 2012 decreased $391.5 million, or 18.4%, to $1.74 billion from $2.13 billion in the year-ago quarter. Revenues for the six months ended December 31, 2012 decreased $985.7 million, or 22.5%, to $3.40 billion from $4.39 billion in the year-ago quarter. Trading revenues decreased $401.9 million, or 19.2%, for the three months ended December 31, 2012 and decreased $978.9 million, or 22.9%, for the six months ended December 31, 2012 compared with the same periods last year. This decrease was primarily due to a slight decrease in average precious metals prices and a decrease in the ounces of precious metals sold. Collectible segment revenues increased $10.4 million, or 27.9%, for the three months ended December 31, 2012 and decreased $6.8 million, or 6.5%, for the six months ended December 31, 2012. The increase for the three-month period is due primarily to stronger second quarter sales in our numismatics business as a result of improved market conditions. The decrease for the six-month period is due to weaker sales in the first quarter of fiscal 2013 compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2012, due in part to lower hammer prices at auction impacting our commissions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV